- 1 Venison loin
- 100g Crushed cocoa nibs
- 1L Beef jus or bone broth (purchase bone broth from your local butcher, or supermarket, or follow a recipe from a good cookbook).
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Crushed coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Bush Pepper Berries
- 1 Tbsp Raw Sugar
- 1 Tsp 5 spice
- Sea salt
- Prepare the venison by removing any sinew then pat dry with paper towel.
- Put all ingredients for the rub in a blender or spice grinder and blitz until fine.
- Roll the venison loin in the rub and wrap with the clingfilm and allow to rest at least six hours in the fridge.
- Take out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking and remove the clingfilm.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius cook until core temperature is 54 degrees Celsius (use oven-proof thermometer). Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Simmer jus then add 100g cocoa nibs and reduce by half – pour the sauce over the thinly sliced venison.