- 1.2kg crayfish flesh (~6 tails)
- 500g white fish
- 3 whole pineapples
- 200g thickened cream
- 1 bunch chives
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Aleppo pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- 500ml vegetable stock.
- Remove crayfish shell and dice flesh.
- Dice white fish and mix with crayfish.
- Cut 2 pineapples in half and scoop out core and flesh with a metal spoon being careful not to puncture the skin. Reserve the pulp.
- Brush the pineapple vessels you have made with oil and roast at 120℃ for 15-20 mins or until skin has darkened in colour.
- With remaining pineapples remove skin (reserve) and cut into quarters and remove core, score the flesh and brush with oil and season with salt and pink pepper corns and roast 180℃ for 30minutes. Allow to cool then dice. Add to crayfish mix.
- Put leftover pineapple pulp and skins into pot with vegetable stock and simmer until reduced by half. Add cream and season as desired. Allow sauce to cool.
- Combine cream sauce and fish mix then add chives, a pinch of salt and Aleppo. Fill the pineapple vessels and roast in oven at 180℃ until fish is cooked through.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve garnished with chopped fresh herbs and pink peppercorns.
Enjoy with a glass of Happs' Viognier.